Monday, 2 June 2008
Days left for consulatation on the proposed sell of Margate properties
The consultation with the ironically titled, 'Making the most of our Margate properties', ends on June 6th. I took a trip out to Northdown House yesterday for a look round. It's such a lovely building and in what must have been an elegant park setting, this is surely one of the key items in the sale. However, is the credit crunch period the best time to sell off the family silver?
Comments can be emailed to email@example.com
The 16 properties in the proposal are:
1. Booth Place Margate Cliftonville West Suggested by local people that this should be developed as a garden with parking and small residential development.
2. Dalby Square Margate Cliftonville West Retention of green space with some development with improved road layout.
3. Land adjacent to Media Centre Margate Margate Central Potential residential or mixed use development.
4. Northdown House and depot, Cliftonville Margate Cliftonville East Residential conversion of the house, with possible ground floor retention for appropriate community use. Depot to become six cottages.
5. 45 Hawley Square, Margate Margate Margate Central Residential or commercial use.
6. 22 Cecil Square, Margate Margate Margate Central The Post Office will remain, with the upper floors converted for commercial or residential use.
7. Land at Barnes Avenue, Westbrook Margate Westbrook Will not involve significant built development. Any use will be community related.
8. Land at Knockholt Road, Cliftonville Margate Cliftonville East Could be used for additional garden space for adjacent properties
9. Albion House Ramsgate Eastcliff The majority of ground floor and basement retained for community use, building brought in line with the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act, with the upper floors converted for residential use.
10. Albion Place Car Park, Ramsgate Ramsgate Eastcliff Re-instating the early 19th century terrace for possible residential use.
11. Land at Dumpton Park Drive, Broadstairs Broadstairs Viking Possibility of building one property and extending the gardens for neighbouring properties.
12. Garage 3 Colemans Yard, Ramsgate Ramsgate Central Harbour Possible residential use.
13. Closed toilets Boundary Road Ramsgate Eastcliff Possible commercial use, maybe as a café.
14. Land at Greenfield Road Ramsgate Northwood Possible use for garden extensions.
15. Motor Museum, Westcliff Hall Ramsgate Central Harbour Possible commercial use.
16. Vere Road Car & Coach Park Broadstairs Bradstowe Improved coach parking, with some residential development.