getting very excited now about next Saturday's food market that's coming to the Old Town. There's a great selection of Kentish food stalls and coupled with it being bank holiday weekend, it should be a great and delicious day. Then on the Sunday there will be a mixed market and up in Cliftonville the Farmer's Market at the bandstand.
It's on Saturday 29 August 11am – 4pm, as part of the Summer Markets organised by the Old Town Action Group. The market begins outside The Visitors’ Information Centre running down Duke Street and into Market Place.
Let's hope it's the first of many markets to come.
To get your tastebuds going, here's a selection of the stalls that will be there:
1. The Indian Princess – if you haven't yet eaten Dev’s food, come and see what all the fuss is about. They’ve been on BBC South East, and are about to be filmed as one of the best restaurants in Kent (if not THE best)!
2. Quex Barn – taste their succulent sausages, barbequed in front of you on the day. Local meat – what could be better?
3. Windmill Community Allotment Project – if you haven't yet bought “organic” fruit and veg at their Tuesday stall by the allotments (12-4pm), here’s your chance to taste what they and other allotment holders are growing in our local soil
4. O’er the Moon – for those of you with a sweet tooth, Simon sells scrummy sweets and fudge
5. Fairtrade – we’re now acknowledged as a Fairtrade Isle so buy your biscuits, and packs of teas and coffees here. Let’s send a supportive message to those who are feeling the credit crunch even more than we are!
6. Benedictine Monks at Ramsgate – sample their own honey, and make yourself and your house beautiful with their Organic Beeswax lip balms, hand & skin creams and Beeswax polish
7. The Market Garden – to feed your soul … The Chelsea Flower Show has arrived in Margate! Beautiful and high quality garden plants. Rose specialist.
8. German Sausage Man – one of our new local businesses, bringing you genuine, hearty German sausages, schnitzel and sauerkraut
9. Paul Hollywood Breads – who are supplying Harrods & Waitrose, so why not stock up on their speciality breads?
10. Ellie’s Dairy & Ashmore – delicious local cheeses from cows and goats, as well as chutneys to bring out the flavour and apple juice
11. Chai Stop – buy your Indian spices and taste the delicious and affordable Indian food they cook
12. Stylish Ice Cream – luscious old-fashioned, traditional ice cream scoops, with no additives, chemicals or colourings